The following list is for items that most people forget to include in their basic first aid kits and supplies. If you’re worried about an outbreak like the current Ebola outbreak hitting the U.S. in the near future (you probably should be) then adding the products on this list should be your top priority right now.
Keep in mind that I’m not including basic first-aid items or meds in this list, because most of you already have a stockpile of those necessities on hand.
- Plenty of Hand sanitizer and soap – wash hands thoroughly with hot water and regular or anti-bacterial soap, then use hand sanitizer.
- Disposable thermometers
- N95 HEPA (High-efficiency particulate air filter) masks
- Heavy 4 – 6 mill clear plastic for building quarantine areas
- Duct Tape (for putting plastic up)
- Staple Gun and Staples (for putting plastic up)
- Vent fan for negative airflow into the quarantine areas – an air filtering system would be great but probably not possible for most. Ducting can be installed to route contaminated air to someplace safe.
- Medical Grade Gloves
- Lysol Professional Quaternary Disinfectant Cleaner Concentrate
- Plenty of Bleach
- Spray bottles for bleach and/or other disinfectant solutions
- Large washbasins for washing and disinfection
- Bed coverings (Fluid Protective)
- Biohazard Waste Disposable Bags
- Body Bags
- Hydrated lime
- Large trash bags
Please add your thoughts and suggestions in the comments below…
Latest posts by M.D. Creekmore (see all)
- Saturday Prep: Canned Fruit and DVD’s - December 14, 2019
- 12 DIY Home Security Hacks for Under $100 - December 13, 2019
- The Best Way to Secure Your Home (A Helpful Illustrated Guide) - December 13, 2019